Relocating to The UK
Moving abroad is exciting at the same time it can be a stressful experience. It is important to be prepared if you are relocating to the UK.
You need to find out whether you have to pay customs.
- Check to see if there are restrictions or quarantine for items you want to bring to the UK.
- You need to ensure your belongs are secure.
- Check what packing and delivery is involved on your side.
- Cost is a big factor.
- Hire an international relocation company
- International moving companies typically take care of any potential issue that may arise.
Moving to the UK from the EU
Some people move to the UK for work. Others move to be closer to the family. Whatever your reason for moving to the UK our top tip is to be prepared for your move.
The more organised you are the less stressful your move will be.
Good to know
- Our international removal services include all European countries including Scandinavia.
- We are able to offer a direct door to door European service. The same team who load your goods will meet you at your new address.
- We offer packaging services.
- We are fully insured.
- Moving to the UK Checklist
- Visa application
- If you are renting a property check your tenancy agreement to see if your accommodation is furnished or not. So you know if you have to move your furniture to the UK
- National insurance number
- European Health Insurance card
- Register with your local GP – Check to see if you are entitled to free healthcare on the NHS
- Open a bank account
- Plan your finances properly. Make a list of your expected outgoings. So you are prepared financially for your move
These will include:
- Council tax
- Utility Bills
- TV Licence
- Mobile Phone
- Food shopping
- Travel expenses
- Find a school – if you are moving with your children
- Enjoy your experience in the UK
2b Kettlestring Lane,
01904 59 11 59
08000 56 33 93
Saturday: 10am – 4pm
Sunday: Appointments Only